Responsible service of alcohol is one of the most crucial tools in providing consumers with safe, responsible venues that are committed to practicing harm-minimisation techniques.
Alcohol servers have the ability to decrease the level of intoxication of patrons by identifying when they have had enough, therefore reducing the harm, or levels of ill-health caused through alcohol-consumption.
Training courses provide staff members with important skills including, but not limited to:
- information relating to facts and myths about alcohol;
- the effects of excessive alcohol intake;
- determining a standard drink;
- options to assist customers to drink within appropriate limits;
- how to refuse service to an intoxicated patron; and,
- dealing with difficult patrons and conflict situations.
Knowing how to partake in responsible service practices will be a vital resource for staff to ensure alcohol is served and consumed in as socially-responsible and consumer-friendly manner as possible.
Mandatory Training Policy
Mandatory Training Register for Licensees
Approved Training Providers